|(Magic City Classic Facebook Page)|
The weekly HBCU football attendance numbers are in and, while homecoming season is still going strong, a great classic with a historic rivalry easily won out. More than 63,000 people saw Alabama A&M edge out Alabama State 42-41 at The Magic City Classic in Birmingham, AL on Saturday night.
The SWAC held down the second spot as well as Jackson State’s Homecoming matchup with Prairie View drew in 26,215 fans.
Morehouse (22,476) and North Carolina A&T (22,150) also benefited from Homecoming crowds, while Southern at Alcorn State came in at 18,717.
Here is the top 10:
1. Alabama A&M at Alabama State (63,110)
2. Prairie View at Jackson State (26,215)
3. Fort Valley at Morehouse (22,476)
4. FAMU at North Carolina A&T (22,150)
5. Southern at Alcorn State (18,717)
6. UAPB at Grambling (18,543)
7. Morgan State at Norfolk State (18,405)
8. Virginia Union at Elizabeth City State (15,000)
9. Howard at Savannah State (8,119)
10. Livingstone at Fayetteville State (7,498)
November 1, 2016 at 3:49 am
Miles College should be at #8 with 16,000+ Fan in attendance.
November 1, 2016 at 7:18 pm
The announced attendance for Magic City Classic was 70813 and the articles stated the same. We had more than 63000 last are in the rain.
Sassy. Simply Stated.
November 2, 2016 at 3:01 am
Is this based on people attending the actual game or bodies on campus (lol)? I've never heard of the football game being the highlight of a Spelhouse homecoming :-). Just curious (lol).