Alcorn State (9-4, 7-2) SWAC CHAMPIONS 2015
1. Can new head coach Fred McNair keep the Braves on top of the SWAC for a third straight season?
2. How will QB Lenoris Footman look with his first full year of starting at the
Alabama State (6-5, 5-4)
1. Can Linebacker Kourtney Berry continue his dominance at the position?
2. Who will be the starting QB when the season starts?
Alabama A&M (3-8, 3-6)
1. AAMU allowed 37 points per game on defense last season, with some of the new signees can they make an impact on defense?
2. Watch the the development of quarterback De’Angelo Ballard. Can he lead the team to contend in the SWAC East?
Jackson State (3-8, 3-6)
1. Can new head coach Tony Hughes bring some stability to the program?
2. Will LaMontiez Ivy continue his vicious passing attack that lead the SWAC last year?
Mississippi Valley State (1-10, 1-8)
1. Can the Delta Devils finally pull themeselves out of the SWAC cellar after finishing ranked last in offense and defense in 2015?
Grambling State (9-3, 9-0)
1. Can The Tigers continue the dominance in the Western Division?
2. Is former Ole Miss quarterback Devante’ Kincaid the answer for the Tigers?
Prairie View A&M University (8-2, 8-1)
1. Can Prairie View find enough defense to get past Grambling?
2. Who will be the Panthers QB Trey Green or DJ Rice?
Southern University (6-5, 6-3)
1. What will the Jaguars defense look like under new Defensive Coordinator Trei Oliver?
2. Can Lenard Tillery continue his dominance in the running game for the Jaguars?
Texas Southern University (2-7, 3-7)
1. What tweaks will Micheal Haywood and his staff work to maximize the talent on the field, namely stud wide receiver Derrick Griffin?
2. Who will start at QB, Cameron Davis, Averion Hurts, or Jonathan Bowen?
3. Texas Southern had only 9 sacks last year (2nd to last in the SWAC), can they get a prolific pass rusher on the defensive side of the ball?
Arkansas Pine-Bluff (2-9, 1-8)
1. Are the Golden Lions ready to awaken after remaining dormant the last couple of seasons?
2. Golden Lions allowed 35 points on defense last season, what adjustments do they
need to make on defense?
March 21, 2016 at 3:03 pm
I think you meant to write AAMU allowed 37 points a game on defense last season.